Frequently Asked Questions
GoCardless Simpler Direct Debit FAQ's.
1. I don't want to pay by direct debit can I pay by another method?We aim to be a 100% cashless & debt-free business. GoCardless Direct Debit is our only method of payment for regular window cleaning because it's the safest way to pay and you are covered by the Direct Debit Guarantee. Sorry but we do not accept cash, cards, cheques or bank transfers for regular window cleaning.
2. How will I know when payment is going to be taken?Payment is collected 5 days after your windows have been cleaned. You will receive an email from GoCardless prior to your payment being taken informing you of the amount due and the date that the payment will be collected.
3. Is GoCardless a monthly direct debit?No, GoCardless only asks for a payment when a job is complete. It's perfect for collecting regular payments such as 6 or 12 weekly window cleaning.
4. I haven’t had my windows cleaned will payment still be taken automatically?No, payment is only ever taken if your windows have been cleaned.
5. I’m having building work done and won’t need my windows cleaning for a few months, will I need to cancel the direct debit setup?No, Payments are only ever taken after your windows are cleaned, if you are not having your windows cleaned for any reason payment will never be taken until you re-start your cleaning schedule.
6. I normally have the fronts and backs of my property cleaned, will I get charged the full amount if only the fronts are cleaned?No, the direct debit payment system by GoCardless is a variable direct debit meaning that we will only collect the amount due for that particular window clean.
7. Can I cancel or stop this payment method if I don’t want to use it anymore or if I cancel my window cleaning service with you?Yes, you have full control as you would with any Direct Debit payment set up.
8. Can GoCardless take one off payments for the other cleaning services you offer?Yes, we use GoCardless for collecting one off payments for gutter cleaning, fascia and conservatory cleaning. We also take card payments over the phone for these services.
Window Cleaning FAQ's
1. I have booked a window clean but no one has come?Have you completed the GoCardless Direct Debit Mandate on the "Payments" page? We require a GoCardless Direct Debit to be set up at least two days prior to your first clean date. We do not accept cash, cards, cheques or bank transfers for regular window cleaning.
2. I'm going on holiday can I reschedule?We operate a window cleaning "round" so we cannot reschedule your window clean for when you return back from your holiday because we might not be in your area when you return. We will simply clean the accessible windows and charge half price. If you want to "Miss" your clean completely and not be charged just let the office know by completing the form on the customer service page before you leave for your holiday. If you get our "no reply" 7pm text whilst you on holiday to say we are going to clean your windows the next day there is no need to try and reply to it or call us. Our offices close at 5.00pm. Just relax and enjoy your break.
3. Do you use ladders?No we don't use ladders for window cleaning or climb on to flat roofs. Due to the "Working at height regulations 2005" we have chosen to put the safety of our operatives first and use the water fed pole to carry out our window cleaning.
4. Why have you left my glass wet? What method do you use to clean my windows?We use pure deionised water to clean your windows. This involves the use of a carbon fibre telescopic pole, a soft brush and 100% pure water which we have filtered through a five stage filtration process. We remove the dirt from your windows with a purpose made window cleaning brush then rinse the glass. The pure water is left on the windows to dry naturally without leaving any watermarks. Due to the "Working At Height Regulations 2005" we do not use ladders when cleaning your windows or climb on to flat roofs.
5. Why has my window cleaner arrived early or later than scheduled?Our regular window cleaning round is approximately 6 or 12 weekly. Staff holidays, sick leave and bad weather can effect our schedule. Also at the end of each year we optimise our rounds so your last clean of the year or your first clean of the new year may be early or later than usual. Please allow some flexibility.
6. Do you come on the same day each time?No, your window clean can fall due on any day of the week.
7. Will the same window cleaner come each time?Due to staff holidays, sick leave, paternity leave and round optimisation it is not always possible to have the same window cleaner on each visit. We pride ourselves on offering a regular 6 or 12 weekly service, to do this we may need to use different operators to clean your windows from time to time.
8. I have a locked gate how will you gain access?We send a "no reply" automated text to our customers the evening before we are due to clean to remind them to leave the gate open. If we can't gain access to the rear of your property because of locked gates we will clean the accessible windows and charge half the price. If you have large front gates which needs an access code we may ask for the code. We reserve the right to remove you from the round if access is repeatedly restricted.
9. How do I pay you?If you haven't already done so just visit our website, go to the "payments" page and complete the GoCardless Direct Debit form. The mandate only takes a minute to complete & you only have to do it once. Sorry but we don’t accept payment by cash, cheque or bank transfer. We also act as an agent to collect GoCardless payments for our franchised window cleaners.
10. Do you clean the window sills and frames?Yes on every visit we clean glass, frames, sills & doors. Please note - Because we don't use ladders your top sills will be cleaned by the water fed pole brush only. Only the ground floor window sills will be wiped clean. There is always a chance of water and particles of dirt running out from the gap between the window and the sill after the operator has left your property. This doesn't mean the operator hasn't wiped down your sills. Over time the dirt trapped between the window and the sill will be washed out.
11. Can you clean the windows above my conservatory or extension?Yes, we can normally clean hard to reach windows safely from the ground. If we can see the window we can normally clean it. If your conservatory or extension is long this might restrict access to certain windows.
12. Do you clean windows in the rain?Yes we clean windows in light rain. Rain water is relatively pure so doesn’t effect the quality of the clean. We also offer a "Rain Guarantee" Please see your "Windows Cleaned Today" slip which is posted through your letterbox after the clean.
13. Do you clean windows the old fashioned way?We only clean windows using a water fed pole and without ladders because we believe it gives better results overall and is much safer for our operatives.
14. My windows are still dirty - You have missed a window. Do you offer a guarantee?Yes we offer a 48 hour guarantee with all our window cleaning. If you are not 100% satisfied we will come back and reclean for free. To book a free re-clean just complete the contact form on our "Customer Service" page. A call out charge may be applied if we return to clean and we find it's the inside of the windows that are dirty or the double glazed unit has failed and the dirt is on the inside of the unit. Please note that there might always be one or two water spots left on the glass, this is the trade off between quality and safety.
15. Do you have liability insurance?Yes our employees and franchise owners have public liability insurance which covers up to £1,000,000.
16. What should I expect after your first visit?Your windows, frames and sills should be sparkling clean. If your last window cleaner used soapy water and a cloth to clean your windows or your windows haven't been cleaned for a long time you might notice a few spots or watermarks when the water has dried. This is totally normal, the pure water draws out left over soap residue and dirt from the frames. After the second clean your windows should be sparkling clean. Please note that there might always be one or two water spots left on the glass, this is the trade off between quality and safety.
17. Do you clean garage doors?Yes, If you want to add the cleaning of your garage door and frame just let us know. We charge £1.00 per single garage door or £2 for a double door for this service.
18. Do you clean internal windows?No, sorry we only clean external windows.
19. You came to clean my windows but didn't clean my conservatory roof?Conservatory roofs are booked as a separate job and are not included in your normal window cleaning price. You can book a roof clean on our "Conservatory Cleaning" page. Most customers have this done once or twice a year.
20. What time will you arrive?We do not offer appointments or give times of arrival for regular external window cleaning. Just leave your gate open for the day. We clean windows from 8am to 6pm.
21. How do I contact my window cleaner direct?The best way of making contact is to complete the online form on our customer service page on the website or call 0115 784 1598. We can then pass on the message or book a reclean for you.
22. Is there a contract?No there is no contract to sign. All we ask is that you have at least two window cleans with us. You can cancel at any time after the two cleans. Just let the office know. Please give a reason for your cancellation.
23. How do I cancel my window cleaning?If you wish to cancel your window cleaning permanently just complete the contact form on our customer service page. Please provide a reason for your cancellation. If you are moving house why not take us with you? We cover most parts of Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire and Derbyshire.
24. Why is the "12 weekly" price more expensive?We offer a 12 weekly round because some customers prefer to have less visits each year. The price is higher per clean on the 12 weekly round due to the extra time needed to clean the windows, frames and doors. Even though the price per visit is more you still save around 25% per year.
25. Why can't I reply to the 7pm text?The 7pm text reminder is a free service we offer to remind you to leave your gates open for the day. It is computer generated and cannot be replied too. It is not an invitation for you to cancel our services the next day. It's very unlikely that we would be able to fill your space on the round with another job at such short notice. If your gate is locked we will simply clean the accessible windows and charge accordingly. If you do try and contact us after 7pm you won't be able to speak to anybody who can help. Our office closes at 5.00pm.
26. Why have you not cleaned my front door?If your door is an original wooden door with no threshold or weather strip at the bottom we will wipe down your door with a damp cloth. We do this so pure water doesn't run under your door. If your door is in poor repair we may not clean it all all.
27. No rear access? Do you clean houses with no gate for rear access?If you have no gate for rear access we can still offer our window cleaning services to you but it will have limitations. We can offer to clean your front windows only. Please see price guide for "Front Windows Only" prices. Due to past insurance claims we no longer bring our hoses through customers properties or climb over fences.
28. I believe that you have damaged my windows.Take a look at our no nonsense "Terms & Conditions" here T's & C's
29. Do you do builders cleans?Unfortunately not, our pure water cleaning system uses a soft brush to remove everyday dirt. It is not designed to remove cement, mortar, paint or silicone. We also find that customers are too quick to blame the window cleaner for scratching their glass when in fact the scratches was caused by the builders.
30. Do you do "one off" window cleans?Yes, we do "one off" cleans. Price is 2 x the 12 weekly price. Advance payment is required. Please call the office on 0115 784 1598.
31. How can I make a complaint?We are always happy to listen to our customers feedback and we will do our upmost to rectify any problems in a timely manner. When contacting us please be polite & courteous. You can call us during normal working hours which are 9am - 5pm or leave a message for head office using the contact form on our "Customer Service" page.
If you have any further questions please use the contact form on our "Customer Service" page.